1) A lot of money is spent. Now I know a lot of bloggers like to say that you don’t particularly need a lot of money to start a blog, which yes, to some degree is true. But rather than spending money solely on my blog, it’s more the issue of reading other people’s blogs which get my buying and buying. Do you know how many cleansers and lipsticks I have purchased because of these people!? Yes I blame you, not my blatant shopping habit that I have. With buying does of course come blogging, so it’s this never ending circle of buying and being poor. Which I can’t do. But somehow manage to do.
2) There are some things you want to blog about but just can’t. Whether it be too personal or you are worried your readers will want to start throwing rocks at you telepathically you just can’t. I was very close to writing a blog post a couple of weeks ago on a topic I desperately wanted to rant about but as my blog is obviously public and not anonymous I just couldn’t. I couldn’t bare to read the comments either. The struggle. is. real….especially when I love being honest with my readers, but sometimes honesty can be a little bit of a nightmare to face…. I bet you all desperately want to know what the topic is now don’t you.
3) Not all of your friends will “get it”. I have some friends who have been reading my blog for months and always talking to me about it and think it’s fun and also just like looking at the pretty pictures. Some on the other hand just don’t get it? If we’re out for dinner or lunch and I’m like “ermagad cute tea cup, must photograph for blog” they look at me with that emoji face that has the straight line and wide eyes. Yeah you know the one.
4) It takes up a lot of time. Whether it be taking blog photos, planning blog posts, writing those blog posts or taking Instagram photos, you will spend hours if not more trying to get that white background looking snow white. The worst part? There’s only around 2 hours in the day where the sunlight is mildly photo-acceptable and neither bright blue or disastrously orange.
5) Gaining followers is a lot harder than thought. There are hundreds of thousands of beauty, lifestyle, food and travel bloggers out there. You really do have to bring something “different” to the table. Not really sure what mine is, probably the fact that I joke far too much about my unattractive appearance half the time.
That was is for today! I really hope you enjoyed! Tell me in the comments with which ‘fact’ you agree the most! 🙂
Have a nice day